Sunday 3 September 2017

Rainbow Jumper





This jumper only took just over 3 weeks to finish, which is a record for me.
The pattern does knit up quickly, and colour work keeps it interesting. I like trying out new skills or stitches, and the slip stitch was just the perfect break from my fair isle projects.

I wanted to use up some odd balls of fingering yarns and this did the job.
It was my first time seaming puff sleeves and I had such a hard time. The finished sleeve caps are not perfectly symmetrical, but I'm hoping no one will notice when I wear it.

This pattern was originally written for 32-24" bust, so I added 4 stitches to the back and used US 5 needles for the bodice. In hindsight I think I could have done with adding 4 stitches to the front as well.
I prefer tight sleeves so I made the arm increase more gradual.

Here are my mods:
Back CO 113st, Armhole - decrease until 93st
Front CO 121st (next time CO 125st)

Welt: US 2
Up until the 7th colour(second light purple): US 4
the rest of the bodice: US 5
from second light purple after armhole shaping: US 4
sleeves: US 4 (next time just stick with US 5, to make seaming easier).

Sleeves - cast on 81st, increase each end every 4th row until 99 st. Increase each end every 4th row - whenever I start a new colour.

2 comments: